Walter Anga is surely a face to reckon with in the Nigerian movie industry (Nollywood). In this article, we bring you six shocking facts about this handsome and prolific Nollywood actor Walter Anga. There are a lot of things many do not know about him.
This entertaining actor has over the years managed to maintain a low profile and stayed out of controversies unlike many of his colleagues. Bellow are six shocking beautiful facts about Nollywood actor, Water Anga.
Read Also: Sex for role: Nollywood film director Andronicus laments, decry act
1. Nollywood actor, Walter Anga is 40 years old.
Yes, the actor was born on January 12, 1978. For some, he looks younger than his age. Well, he is just blessed with good stature.
2. His full name is Walter Angapukotanka Kalada popularly known as Walter Anga and he is from Ogu in Ogu/Bolo LGA of Rivers State.
3. Nollywood actor, Walter Anga studied theater arts at the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), Choba, Rivers State.
During his time in UNIPORT, Walter Anga participated in, in-house productions- acting in a number of plays and stage adaptations as a consequence. From there, he sharpened his acting skills which made him what he is today.
4. Anga’s marriage is nine years now. Walter Anga is one of nollywood
celebrity whose marriage has lasted for long. He married his wife, Esther Anga in 2009 and the couple have two lovely boys, , Tyrese and Troy.
One beautiful fact about their marriage is that the actor always talks about his love for his wife and family. He had once said in an interview: “I am married with two kids and my wife is a huge fan of my work. Despite a certain widespread misconception, my wife handles the prospect of constant interaction with the opposite sex at work pretty well. For one, she understands that my job requires such interactions and she appreciates this fact in totality.
“She doesn’t have problem with female fans, I can tell you that the desperation of female fans doesn’t give her headache. As an actor if you don’t have female fans then you are not doing well in the industry. I can tell you that 95 per cent of fan base have to be women, so my wife does not have problem with female fans,” he stated.
5. Anga has been sexually harassed in the Nigerian Movie Industry, Nollywood. According to the actor, he has been sexually harassed in the industry severally. He had said: “Interestingly, Yes! And on very many occasions too.”
6. Walter Anga first appeared in a nollywood movie in 2003 and his first movie
was Labista, where he played two roles. After that, he featrured in the movie called ‘New Jerusalem’. The film, ‘New Jerusalem’ made him popular. The actor had said in an interview; “To be frank, New Jerusalem made me popular and I was impressed.”