12 Shocking facts about Genevieve Nnaji: Genevieve Nnaji, that pretty face and ageless screen goddess is currently the most talked about actress in the Nigerian Movie Industry (Nollywood).
There are real quick and shocking facts you probably didn’t know about this ageless beauty. Below are 12 Shocking facts about Genevieve Nnaji.
- Genevieve Nnaji is the first Nollywood star to ever hit it big and Nollywood’s first billionaire as Netflix bought her directorial debut movie, LionHeart for N1,385,100,000 ($3.8 million), making the film the first Nollywood film to achieve such a feat.
- Her movie LionHeart was the first to feature best of Nollywood stars and singers. LionHeart features the likes of Nkem Owoh, Pete Edochie, Genevieve Nnaji, Phyno, Peter Okoye (Psquare), Onyeka Onwenu and a host of others.
- 2018 marked Genevieve Nnaji’s 20 years in Nollywood.
- Genny stared first in the popular television soap opera known as Ripples when she was eight years old.
- Genevieve Nnaji is the fourth out of eight children of her parents.
- She was born in Umuebi-Amuzu in Aboh-Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State
- Genny was properly introduced to Nollywood at age 19 with the movie “Most Wanted”.
- She once tried singing. In 2004, she released her debut album “One Logologo Line”, a mix of R&B, Hip Hop, and Urban music.
- Do you know the beauty soup know as Lux? Well, Genny was the “Face of Lux” in Nigeria back then.
- If you have ever won or seen some clothes with the label, St. Genevieve know that it is owned by the actress. In 2008, she launched her clothing line, St. Genevieve which gives its proceeds to charity.
- Not many are aware that our ageless beauty, Genny has a daughter. Yes, Genevieve Nnaji gave birth to her daughter when she was 17 years old and her daughter’s name is Theodora Chimebuka Nnnaji.
- Genevieve was in 2011 honored as a member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government for her contribution to the Nigerian movie industry.